Sunday 27 October 2013

Review: Etude House Wonderpore Freshner



Today, I'll be reviewing one of my favourite products -- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner. I've been using this for more than a year and this is my second 500ml bottle.

This retails for 15,000 Won for 500ml. It also comes in a smaller 250ml version that retails at 9,000won. The 500ml bottle also comes with a pump, while the 250ml version does not.


500ml is quite a big bottle! (FYI, this bottle is empty. haha)


I love this toner as it is all I'm looking for in a toner. It claims to be a 7-in-1 total pore solution. It also says that it maintains the pH of your skin, which is one of the main purpose of a toner and I don't really see a lot of toners that claim to do this (even though they may?). When I was looking for a new toner to try, I wanted one that can cleanse pores because clogged pores cause pores to enlarge & become very visible, and they also cause acne. I was starting to notice that the pores around my nose & cheeks were getting more visible. This product really did help me with that. I've been using this for a long time and I can say that it does minimize the appearance of pores! I've also gotten less acne after using this product. This never broke me out and it is also not drying. I apply this morning & night, and I also always use toner before applying any makeup to ensure I apply makeup on a clean, moisturised skin.



They also suggest that you can transfer some of the product into a mist bottle. I haven't tried to do that because I'm currently using Innisfree Green Tea mineral mist.

 
 

Like I've mentioned, the 500ml version comes with a pump. Its very convenient to just open the cap and pump it onto the cotton pad directly. You don't have to worry about pouring out too much. That said, the pump takes some time to get used to. You must ensure that you cover the nozzle part with the cotton pad so that the product will soak the cotton pad instead of going anywhere else & wasting any of it. My own tip is also that you should try to just press it a bit at a time, rather than pressing it all the way down. Sounds troublesome, but I've already gotten used to it and I don't really have to be particularly careful when I use this now. I use about 1/2 pumps to soak the cotton pad each time I use it.

& finally, the ingredients list:


--

This product is really worth the price. It is only 15,000 won for 500ml of product can last you a long time. I don't know how long my first bottle lasted me, but I've been using my second bottle for 3 months and its still more than half full. I use 1/2 pumps every morning & night and whenever I need to apply makeup. It does have a faint scent but I've gotten too used to the smell that I can't point out what it smells like.

Both times I got it, I bought it personally (or through a friend) from Korea, packed in a luggage. Both times, it leaked a little. So if you're thinking of buying this online or from overseas, be prepared for some leakage.. Pack it separately in a bag or remind your seller to pack it securely so as to minimise leakage. The 500ml is quite a big bulky bottle, so take note of that if shipping costs is a factor to you. I prefer to purchase from Korea directly if I can because the price is so much better. Singapore's Etude House retails this at almost twice the price in Korea.

Overall, I definitely recommend this toner. I've already on my second 500ml bottle and both my sisters also started to use this. I think that's already a really good testimony for this product!

Let me know in the comments section if you have any good toners to recommend too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment